Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Thoughts on the Church and Its Ideas

I have always been a supporter of the Church my whole life, as a child I was raised as a Catholic in a predominantly Calvinist region, and as a thinker I still am today. What troubles me though is the Church's accusations against Galileo and his theories, his notion of a heliocentric world which he has proven clearly through his observations and undisputed facts. I do not challenge the Church, but rather I feel that its notion of strict adherence to the idea of a geocentric world even though factual evidence has been brought to the table by Galileo is counter-intuitive. We are living in a time where technology and discoveries are revealing to us the real truths behind almost everything we had been assuming for the last few centuries, and for the Church to throw away these ideas and theories as they do not completely fall in line with the Holy Scriptures is not an action that I fully agree with. Though as a pious man and a supporter of the Church, I shall not doubt them in their decisions and actions, I just seek for the truth and the furthering of science and the Church together.

No comments:

Post a Comment