Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Thoughts Upon Heliocentrism

As a man so invested in the empirical method, using facts and observations to help reach a conclusion, I cannot help but to agree with Galileo's claims of a heliocentric world. He has based his conclusions off of observations and facts that he has attained through his use of his telescope, which he has crafted to be able to see the planets and starts of the cosmos. Galileo brings strong evidence that cannot be disputed by any intellectual arguments. All I caution about is openly supporting it, as I fear the Church would condemn me as they are condemning Galileo, for I have been writing my piece the Treatise of the World, and if Galileo is found guilty of the crimes the Church has named against him, then I am scared to publish this work, as it will draw the same sort of punishment from the Church as it has to Galileo and his Dialogue. In my piece I have accepted Galileo's ideas and furthered upon them using the same sort of empirical reasoning, and I fear the Church would not approve of this work. I do not wish to go against the Church, even though I feel that Galileo's work is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment